About Alison

A feisty mother earth type, who has an opinion about everything I would like to think I use my "chopsy" attitude to throw some light and perhaps a new slant on current social and cultural issues.

Since I moved to the country for a quiet life I have been lucky enough to create a more healthy more relaxed environment for myself. I love country life, Family, Friends, Horses and Dogs. I also love, photography, writing/chatting and connecting with others.

Please have a look at a collection of my photos blog,

http://i-clickphotos.blogspot.co.uk/

or join in on my chats here or on my otherblog

http://talesofamiddleagednovice.blogspot.co.uk/

which follows my efforts to learn to ride and care for horses in my 50s! or just follow me on Twitter and I will follow you back (if you are a real person) on @alisonbarton1. Enjoy and talk to me.

Friday 18 November 2011

I’ve got my new boots on !

Well am I chuffed or what, There’s only one thing  better for me than new boots and  that’s new riding boot, because they represent my two passions, my only weaknesses, boots and horse riding combined in the most, delicious pair of chocolate brown leather Ariat boots and matching chaps. I am in heaven, floating on a horse shaped cloud staring agog at my creaky, sensuously aromatic footwear. Oh the smell of leather wow!


And why do I have these treasures? My beloved has bought them for me for Christmas. He made the fatal mistake of letting me put my feet in them and now that’s where they are staying. I used to be proper old school when it came to waiting for Christmas and birthday presents. Not anymore, these are just too good to sit in a dark cupboard. What urged my usually relaxed  husband to jump into action and go get my Christmas present, well it was seeing my utter joy last week, riding Flaire (see previous post of me cantering(very badly, but much better than I used to!)).


He said I looked like a child, so overjoyed and engrossed, well you know, he was right, I was. I can highly recommend the pure joy it brings. It doesn’t have to be horse riding, it can be anything that you feel passionate about. Don’t wait for Christmas and don’t think it’s too late,  or you’re too old, too thin, too fat. Do whatever floats your boat have a go, (usual disclaimers apply, needs to be legal, safe and if over 40 have a once over with your Doctor, Oh Matron!).

Go on grab life by the ***** you know you want to.i
Love Alison x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi I am really interested in your comments so let me know what you think and I will get back to you if you want me to. Thanks for reading
Alison xx