About Alison

A feisty mother earth type, who has an opinion about everything I would like to think I use my "chopsy" attitude to throw some light and perhaps a new slant on current social and cultural issues.

Since I moved to the country for a quiet life I have been lucky enough to create a more healthy more relaxed environment for myself. I love country life, Family, Friends, Horses and Dogs. I also love, photography, writing/chatting and connecting with others.

Please have a look at a collection of my photos blog,

http://i-clickphotos.blogspot.co.uk/

or join in on my chats here or on my otherblog

http://talesofamiddleagednovice.blogspot.co.uk/

which follows my efforts to learn to ride and care for horses in my 50s! or just follow me on Twitter and I will follow you back (if you are a real person) on @alisonbarton1. Enjoy and talk to me.

Friday 23 January 2015

Page 3? who should feel exposed?

Like it or not we the Great British public are subjected to manipulation on a daily basis, by the media, politians retailers friends and family. Everyone has an agenda, a message to press home. By and large we have the ability to spot whats going on and disregard it, but sometimes we swallow it up whole.

I think page 3 booby photos, say much more about men in our society and what men think of men than anything else.It is the Editors, (mainly men I bet) who have targetted the male consumer and made them the biggest patsy in all of this. Yes it may influence how young men see women if they read a newspaper that has half naked women in it, but the internet may do worse. Yes women are capable of more than showing off their beautiful bodies, Duh!!!! and yes news and titiliation should be considered strange bedfellows, but they are now indistinguishable.
The fact that for decades  a pair of bare breasts and sparkling eyes have been used to sell newspapers to men, only magnifies the poor regard society has for these poor guys who can't quite manage to read a whole newspaper without some light relief.

For all I care Page 3 can continue, it is men who are left exposed and exploited, I wont be buying that particular paper anytime ever and laugh at anyone who does, you suckers!

Alison x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi I am really interested in your comments so let me know what you think and I will get back to you if you want me to. Thanks for reading
Alison xx